WNC Plein Air Painters
Welcome to WNCPAP – An Outdoor Painting Club based in Western North Carolina
UPDATE: WNC Plein Air Painters is taking a break until new leadership steps forward.
If you would like to help organize paint-outs, please click the “Volunteer” button below.
Open letter to all Members:
At the moment, WNCPAP is “up in the air” for 2021. We are still looking forward to someone (or several folks) to step up and take on leadership for the year.
If YOU are interested in helping plan paint-outs for 2021, please contact me by email or phone.
Planning events for WNCPAP is pretty straight forward. In the past, we have had paint-outs once a month, April – October, on the third Saturday of the month.
Please note: If no one steps forward to provide leadership, WNCPAP will take a break until someone volunteers.
Of course, this does NOT affect the Asheville Plein Air Painters, which is a different and independent group as far as leadership goes. Also, the Facebook group continues to be a vibrant forum for discussion and sharing of artwork.
Due to continuing health concerns there will be no “2021 kick off event” until determined by new organizer(s).
Join our Facebook group! – A great place to post photos and discuss things related to outdoor painting in WNC.
Note: This is a combined facebook group for all Asheville Plein Air Painters. You do not have to be a member of WNCPAP to join our facebook group. (Also, you don’t have to be on Facebook to be a member of WNCPAP.)
Everyone is welcome
Everyone is welcome to join us for any of our paintouts, for free!
In other words, you do not have to be a WNCPAP member to attend our any of our paintouts. All you need to do is show up at the designated time ready to paint! (Bring your own supplies, of course.)
We welcome anyone who wants to paint with our group.
So, what’s the benefit of being a member?
Benefits of membership:
- Listing on the member directory page of the WNCPAP website with link to your artist website.
- Portfolio of your paintings on the WNCPAP website.
- Opportunity to show your paintings with the group – From time to time we have the opportunity to show our artwork at various venues in and around Asheville. WNCPAP group shows are open to members only.
- End-of-Year Party – After the weather turns cool (usually in early November) we have a group dinner party for members. Annual dues cover the cost of the party.
- You support the arts! Some of our annual budget goes to support other regional plein air painting groups that don’t have membership dues. We are proud to support Asheville Urban Landscape Painters and North Carolina Plein Air Painters.
Annual membership is $30
If you would like to receive notifications of our paint-outs but do not wish to become a member, please join our WNCPAP Guest Email List. (Members do not need to subscribe. They receive all paint-out notifications automatically.)