UPDATE: WNC Plein Air Painters is taking a break until new leadership steps forward.
If you would like to help organize paint-outs, please click the “Volunteer” button below.
Our Mission is:
- To improve our painting skills both as individual artists and as a group
- To forward the art careers of members
- To increase public awareness of plein air painting
Membership in WNC Plein Air Painters is not juried.
A note about our club
You do not have to be a WNCPAP member to attend our any of our paintouts. All you need to do is show up ready to paint! (Bring your own supplies, of course.)
Benefits of membership
- Listing on the member directory page of the WNCPAP website with link to your artist website.
- Portfolio of your paintings on the WNCPAP website.
- Opportunity to show your paintings with the group – From time to time we have the opportunity to show our artwork at various venues in and around Asheville. WNCPAP group shows are open to members only.
- End-of-Year Party – After the weather turns cool (usually in early November) we have a group dinner party for members. Annual dues cover the cost of the party.
- You support the arts! Some of our annual budget goes to support other regional plein air painting groups that don’t have membership dues. We are proud to support Asheville Urban Landscape Painters and North Carolina Plein Air Painters.
Membership dues are $30.00 per year.
Or, if you would like to receive notifications of our paint-outs but do not wish to become a member, please join our WNCPAP Guest Email List.